Our lab, Haptics and Virtual Reality Laboratory at Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH) directed by Prof. Seungmoon Choi, pursues fundamental research on haptics, the science and technology about the sense of touch. More specifically, our research aims at:
- Understanding the sensorimotor characteristics of our body, and
- Developing a computer-controlled system that allows us to physically interact with real, virtual, or remote environments through the sense of touch.
We are also active in applying the obtained knowledge to various applications in virtual reality, human-computer interaction, robotics, and consumer electronics.
Our lab was designated as a National Research Laboratory by KOSEF (currently NRF) in 2008.
- Director: Prof. Seungmoon Choi
- Address: Haptics and Virtual Reality Laboratory, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, 77 Cheongam-Ro, Nam-Gu, Pohang, Gyeongbuk, Korea
- Campus Location: Rooms 115 and 011, Science Building 4
- Phone: +82-54-279-5661
- FAX: +82-54-279-5477